We Are Hiring!
Would you like to be an integral part of an R&D team that annually supports the production of more than 10 million lenses? Are you a programmer with strong mathematical skills and an interest in mobile app development or Web Services? Or an engineer with an understanding of coding in object orientated languages?
Then contact Crossbows Optical to apply to be a Software Development Engineer.
We specialise in supporting ophthalmic laboratories through our lens calculation software and our production of glass moulds and metal inserts. Crossbows has a rich heritage that stretches back to 1947 and has an established reputation for innovative designs and high-quality products.
Our varifocal lens designs are produced globally in more than 300 labs across 58 countries and we are proud to also be the R&D division of a very famous consumer brand.
As a Software Development Engineer you will have the opportunity to work with a small, proactive team. No day is the same, you will provide support to our clients’ varied challenges and will always have ongoing projects from developing new software functions, evolving new designs to coming up with your own new concepts within our environment of creative freedom.
Software Development Engineer
What You’ll Be Doing
The successful Software Development Engineer will be part of a small software engineering team. Their main responsibilities will be developing and maintaining our software products. This will include:
- Varifocal lens calculation software installation, customer training and customer support.
- Working with the Laravel framework building web apps
- Designing and implementing resource based REST API web services
- Designing, developing, and testing mobile applications in C#, C++
- Reviewing requirements and specifications to assure product quality and performance assurance.
- You may be asked to attend international trade exhibitions and visiting customers.
What We Need To See
- Object Orientated programming experience (C#/C++/Java).
- Laravel framework or a similar PHP framework programming experience.
- Strong mathematical and/or geometrical ability.
Who You Are
- Must be collaborative and a team player.
- Must have initiative, fresh ideas and a fresh outlook.
- Must have good problem-solving skills
Ways To Stand Out From The Crowd
- Degree in Software Development/Engineering/Mathematics or equivalent.
- Manufacturing or Engineering Software development experience.
- Experience designing and implementing MySQL databases
- Knowledge of AWS web services
- Experience with PHPUnit testing
- Experience with Mobile Application development (Android, iOS)
- Knowledge of optics
And If That Isn’t Enough
The position offers varied interesting and challenging work within a busy and progressive environment. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Email your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]