Controlled Reopening of Factory
In a letter to those working in UK manufacturing, the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, stated there is no restriction on manufacturing continuing under current rules. As such, we will restart our production facility on Monday 20th April.
This is a positive step but we recognise that this is still a global crisis and as such are implementing a series of protective measures to minimise spread of the virus and the situation will be closely monitored and we will be following all national guidance.
Key measures Crossbows Optical have introduced to contain coronavirus spread:
- Staff and visitors temperatures to be taken on arrival at factory
- Team members showing symptons of COVID-19, self-isolating or shielding should not come to work
- New hand sanitising regimes introduced including 5 sanitising stations installed
- Introduced rigorous cleaning and disinfecting regime
- Access routes without closed doors
- To comply with social distancing where possible the day shift production along with tool room/engineering will be split into two teams, working on a week on week off basis. In addition to this those who can work from home should do so.
- We have introduced measures to ensure minimum distances of 2m required while performing work duties
- Non-essential visitors such as delivery drivers for non-work related purposes forbidden